Sweating is a natural way of the human body to avoid overheating, it performs a thermoregulatory function. Increased sweating during high temperature, stress or sports is also a normal reaction, but some sweat more profusely not only in these conditions, but also in a state of rest. In this case, hyperhidrosis, or increased sweating, may be diagnosed. Treatment of sweating with botulinum injections is one of the most effective treatments. Botulinum stops the functioning of the nerve cell endings that act on the eccrine (sweat) glands, thus stopping sweating.
What are the benefits of the procedure?
• Botulinum sedation treatment is an extremely effective way to reduce the amount of sweat because botulinum stops the nerve signals from being sent to the sweat glands, so they simply stop being told to sweat.
• Botulinum toxin injections solve the discomfort caused by sweating, help to increase self-confidence, reduce anxiety about the smell or wet stains on clothes.
• The procedure helps to reduce sweating by an average of 87%, so the results with botulinum toxin injections are very high.
Who is this procedure suitable for?
• The procedure can be performed on both women and men who want to reduce sweating in the armpits, palms, feet and other problem areas.
• The treatment of sweating with botulinum injections is not applicable to pregnant and lactating women in the presence of neurological muscle disorders. Treatment of sweating with botulinum toxin injections is not recommended for people under the age of 18 with botulinum allergy or skin infection at the injection site.
• During the consultation, be sure to inform the doctor if you have muscle and nerve diseases, if you have undergone botulinum procedures, if you have bleeding problems, if you are planning a surgical operation, if you are pregnant or if you are breastfeeding. Visible result after several procedures? One antiperspirant treatment with botulinum toxin injections is enough. It is effective for 6 months, but with more frequent procedures, the effect of the injection lasts longer.
What is the procedure?
• The procedure is performed by a qualified doctor. The procedure is safe and simple, and after it does not require any special care that limits your work activities or leisure time, but on the day of the procedure it is recommended to avoid heating in the sauna or engaging in intense physical activities that cause sweating.
• Initially, the procedure site is disinfected, and if you wish, an anesthetic (pain-relieving) gel can also be applied. Botulinum toxin is injected into the subcutaneous layer of the armpits with a very fine needle, approximately every 2 centimeters. On average, 10-15 very low-dose injections are performed in one armpit. The procedure for both armpits takes about half an hour.
What are the recommendations after the procedure?
After the procedure, you should not lie down, do not use cosmetic products, do not heat up in the sauna or similar places, and follow other recommendations of the doctor for several hours. How long is the procedure? Reducing sweating with botulinum toxin injections takes about 30 minutes.